Sunday, November 24, 2013

Leavin' on a jet plane

FRIDAY! One week from today we will be meeting Amy. I was expecting to meet her on Monday, but the itinerary says it will happen on Sunday! We probably won't get to our hotel until almost 11pm Saturday night (about 30 hours from the time we leave home for the airport!!!) Hope Alice and I can sleep on the plane and there are no unexpected delays.

I will be trying to post daily updates and photos from China.

It's been a long journey to get to this point, but the really hard stuff is just starting. If you haven't read it before, I encourage you to read Jen Hatmakers' blog post about what adoptive families are dealing with pre- and post- travel. No two adoption journeys look the same. Even though we've done this twice before, I have no idea what we will be facing. Here is the link along with my thoughts before we left to get Alice: After the Airport - Running a Marathon.

6 comments:

  1. We're looking forward to following your trip, and as always all of your family will be in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited for you, too! All the best! We will be in Germany while you are in China, so I don't know whether I have time and access to a computer. But I will catch up when I get home. Love, Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying all will go as smoothly as possible! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you as you start your race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Wishes and many prayers for you and Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy! Congratulations and safe travels! Just sent you an email. How lucky you are to have another wonderful opportunity. I look forward to checking out your updates, and will be fondly remembering last year's trip to ZZ and GZ. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete