Last week we began the process to adopt another girl from China!
Alice has been asking for a sister. I've had a desire to adopt 2 since we began this journey. It was a culmination of these 2 desires, plus a series of providential decisions that led to our happy announcement! Until we are further into the process I need to keep many of the details off the blog, but I can tell you that she is not from Beijing (and consequently not someone Alice knows), she is aging out before the end of this year (but not so soon that we feel any anxiety about getting everything done in time), she is similar to Alice in many ways and she is currently in a situation which will prepare her well for placement in our family.
DH, Alice and I are extremely happy and excited about this. Our older kiddos are just a little surprised, but extremely supportive. So far reaction from friends and family has been generally positive. There has been some concern, but once we explained our situation, the advantages for Alice having a sibling who is close in age and background, and the environment we are adopting our new daughter from, those concerns tend to be answered.
I look forward to sharing more about this adoption, our timeline, and progress through the paper maze (aka: Hague International Adoption Convention process) soon. In the mean time, I am rushing to gather the first round of papers and trying to keep Alice's bonding a top priority.
CONGRATULATIONS!! HOW EXCITING!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know I am thrilled for you! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI think that is wonderful! Just great!! All the best to you!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! I think that you've made a fantastic decision for your family. I have watched my own little daughter be an only child all year and know that our family will be so enriched when my second daughter joins our family this summer.
ReplyDeleteSo, are you able to use a copy of Alice's dossier? I'm looking forward to seeing your next daughter's picture and learning more about her. I always wonder if it's someone I've seen on the list and have prayed for extra much.
CONGRATS!!! Will you be able to ammend your current dossier/application?
ReplyDeleteExcited for you and for Alice. Rachel has often asked for an older sibling. I hope and pray that this girl WANTS to be sisters with Alice and that the "idea" of a having a sister to Alice (one that lives with her and she grows up with) is just as she dreams. Email me if you want to chat about it as I know it will bring about a whole new set of dilemmas, issues and surprises in both Alice and you that you never considered. And I'm praying that it goes precisely perfectly, as it can.
ReplyDeleteFor those who are asking:
ReplyDeleteWe are updating our home study, which requires much less paperwork, but we still need fingerprints again.
We are reusing our dossier, but getting a new I-800a (which will require new fingerprints, different from the ones needed for the home study). WACAP feels it will be more cost effective to just get new I-800a, instead of filing for extension this fall if we can't travel before our I-800 expires in October. The extension would require another home study update apparently.
I don't know. I'm trusting our home study agency and placing agency to tell us the most efficient way to get this done! We were extremely pleased with both the first time around.
Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteThis makes me so happy!
ReplyDelete