Monday, April 30, 2012

Mom's First Day of School

So the question has been asked - how did Mom (meaning me!) do today while Alice was in school for her first day?

And the answer is ....



very well actually. I did tear up just a bit when the teacher handed Alice the stack of papers from her classmates (translated into Chinese) welcoming her to class. I teared up a second time driving home thinking about that moment. Then one of my dogs provided me with a wonderful distraction...

In the grand total of 30 minutes I was gone taking Alice to school, one of them threw up in the middle of the hallway on the carpet. I spent my first few hours of "freedom" cleaning carpets!!! Not quite the morning I had planned. But it got me started on a reasonably productive day. I got some filing done. Wrote something (2 somethings actually) for the blog. And had a little "ME" time too.

All in all, it was a good day. (If you don't count the dog's contribution!)

3 comments:

  1. Leave it to the dog! In our house it is usually our very old cat. *sigh*

    Alice looks and sounds great-- you too! I think your decision to send her to school is going to work out really well for both of you.

    ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh... it happens to me all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete