I plan to come back during the long slow days of summer and fill in the gap between how this journey started and where we are now, but for today I have good news!
I just spoke with our newly assigned case manager. We are on to the next phase (and the 4th person we've worked with since we started). The bigger news is that she told me our I-800A application is being overnighted to the USCIS lockbox right now and should arrive tomorrow! Yay! but of course we won't get a receipt that it arrived for another week. Then it's hurry up and wait for our fingerprint appointment. Only USCIS fingerprints will do when you are dealing with USCIS. The 2 sets of fingerprints we had done for our criminal background checks aren't acceptable. Apparently state agencies and federal agencies don't share or something. You gotta love government efficiency (and I am the wife of a government employee).
No comments:
Post a Comment