Well, I never thought I would have a blog, but here I am. It seems like a good way to record this crazy journey that I never thought I would actually take.
Adoption. Wow. Kind of scary. Kind of exciting. As DH heads into the countdown towards being eligible to retire and all that time of life offers, I get an overwhelming need to add another child to the family. Must be God's timing, because it certainly didn't make sense.
This past January and February was tough. We've talked about adopting before and DH was clear that he just didn't see it in our future. We've raised 3 children. They are all doing well. We talked, cried, reasoned, prayed, prayed some more, prayed a lot more. The more we talked the further apart we seemed to get on the issue. My prayer became a plea for something to change. I committed to DH that I would move on and I thought I had.
Then March came. I found myself looking on the adoption websites again and I was okay "just looking" - until I saw her picture. There she was, one of the handful of girls I had inquired about almost 2 months ago. All the girls had families working to bring them home, but now she was back on the website. I showed her to DH and asked if I could see if she was really available. He agreed. And she was! The other family was unable to proceed and now the agency was looking for another family for her.
Was it God's hand at work? I think so. DH and I needed that time to work through our feelings about adoption. For me especially to discover how deep the desire was and for DH to see it in me as well. I thank God for giving me such a selfless and giving husband. We would never have started this journey if we weren't 100% together and God moved mountains for that to happen.
I agree. God's hand at work.
ReplyDelete