Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lucy knows! She's HAPPY!

While we slept last night (at least I was trying to sleep) Lucy's foster mom was telling her that she is going to be adopted.

An excerpt from the email I found at 2:40 AM (just 30 minutes after it was sent!) --
She's happy!! She's happy!! She was really happy to hear about her family. She thinks you and her dad are young. ... She is happy she has older brothers. ... She wishes her room was red (of course). This focus on red is pretty new, it's been her favorite color for awhile but red-red-red is new. Oh well, she will adjust. She liked everything you sent very much. ... She likes the beach so was happy to see those photos.

It's a lot to absorb so she will probably have more questions, but for now all is good. She was surprised that she would be in America for her birthday, and then she said, Christmas?? I said yes and she was WOW. 
Both her foster mom and I are thrilled that her response is so positive. There are still 7 weeks until I am in China, plenty of time for Lucy to work through a host of other emotions. What a gift to start the transition with a smile (and a nice belated birthday present for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment