Saturday, April 20, 2013

This and that - me

I'm falling behind again, but things are still happening around here. This started out as a grand overall update, but I think chopping it into bite size pieces makes more sense. So here goes.

I'm trying to get into a routine - not quite successfully juggling everything - clearly out of practice (or not as nimble-minded as I was when I went through this phase with the older 3 10+ years ago). I went to a conference last weekend in Baltimore. Turns out that the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is 25 minutes from our house and they were hosting a 2 day international FREE conference about tactile graphics and STEM education. I learned lots of things about issues facing blind and visually impaired students in getting material that's accurate, timely and useful. I also learned about new technologies being developed and picked up some interesting materials about living with blindness. I think NFB is going to be a terrific resource for us.

Today I am starting my one month DSLR mentoring session with a terrific amateur photographer and fellow adoptive mom. This is my Christmas gift from my dear husband. If you notice better photos showing up on the blog, you can thank Steve and my gentle tutor, Nancy at Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment