FINALLY - PROGRESS on the adoption journey. I received an email yesterday from US Immigration that our application was approved yesterday and is on its way to us. When it arrives I have to make a copy and then have a paper notarized stating that it's a true copy of the original. That paper (attached to the copy) then has to go to the county to certify the notary's signature, to the Secretary of State to certify the clerk, FedEx overnight to a courier in DC who will take it to the State Department to certify the Secretary of State and finally to the Chinese Embassy, who put their stamp of approval on it. THEN it can be overnighted to our adoption agency who will add it to the rest of our papers and FINALLY it all gets sent to China about 2 weeks from now. I really thought our papers were going to be in China by early July when we started this, if not sooner. The process is taking much longer and based on what I'm seeing in the adoption forums, it is happening to everyone this summer. The system is broken, but it sure could work better than this.
In the meantime, with so much time on our hands we are still talking about names. You may have noticed that I have been using her Chinese name (Jian, sounds close to Jen or "G"-en) lately. I am the biggest problem. Even though I announced that we had decided on Amy, I can't quite settle on it. So after many more iterations on the refrigerator, the CURRENT crop of candidates is:
Amy
Jenna
Maria
Suzanne
Nora
Everyone in the house has a different pair of favorites.
Alice likes Jenna & Maria (the latter was her suggestion)
Lucy likes Maria & Amy
Steve likes Amy & Jenna
I like Suzanne & Nora
So you see - I'm the biggest problem :)
No comments:
Post a Comment