A family is visiting Jian's orphanage this week and they were able to talk to her, take her picture and get a short video of her singing for us. It's rather early in the process for her to know her adoption is in the works, but she is excited, the staff of the orphanage are all very excited and everyone has been told that it could be January before we can get there. Hopefully the long wait won't discourage her.
I'm just busting to share her picture, but it has to wait a few more months. Our last piece of paperwork is in DC now and hopefully everything will be on its way to China by the end of next week. The next part of the process is in China's hands and could take anywhere from 30 to 120 days, but most likely will be somewhere in the middle of that range. Once we get our formal request from China asking us if we REALLY WANT to adopt Jian and we say yes, then we can post her picture.
In the meantime, I can tell you that we learned she is very polite, kind, studious, and well-behaved. We also learned that she is mostly blind but can see some light. The family who met her describe her as quite a wonderful child and that the staff are over-the-top happy to learn that she is going to be adopted.
I'm over-the-top-happy too!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful! I am happy for you!
ReplyDelete