Saturday, March 3, 2012

Home!

Yes. We did make it. DH figured it was 27 hours door to door (leaving the hotel to arriving at home). Alice slept on the plane for quite a while. We ended up with an entire middle section (5 seats total), so she spread out across the middle 3. We had to keep an eye on her though as she would roll off the edge of the seats.

I did take a couple of pictures during our 5 hour layover in Beijing. Nothing very exciting. Alice did spend some time looking at the photos from her last visit to school again. She does that fairly often.




Everyone slept well and we were up and about by 6:30 AM. I've been doing laundry, unpacking, and light cleaning. Alice and I also went to Kohl's for a few clothes. She needs just a few more cool weather things, so we found 2 pairs of jeans and a couple of tops on the clearance rack. Getting her to give me some indication as to which items appealed to her took some effort. I still am not getting any verbal communication.

All 3 of the big kids are coming over for supper tonight so Alice will get to meet her twin brothers. Thanks to a dear friend, dinner just needs to be warmed and served.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home!! I am glad you made it. What exciting times for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I'm a reader form RQ. I enjoyed follwing your journey. ALice is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!! And Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete