Monday, June 4, 2012

My humble blog was noticed

What a surprise for me this morning when I read through my list of blogs I follow and found another blogging mom mentioned one of my posts in her blog. Dana over at Death by Great Wall periodically lists blog posts she's found recently. I enjoy following her blog as she is often writing about older child adoption. There is a growing group of families who have taken on the challenges and joys of adopting an older child. Being part of a smaller subgroup of families who have specifically adopted older children from China, many with special needs, makes it especially helpful to connect through cyberspace - sharing insights and frustrations, joys and concerns. I have a number of moms I consider friends who I will likely never meet, but depend on their collective experience to keep my life in balance and to remember that I am not the first and won't be the last to walk this most interesting path.

1 comment:

  1. I think I found your blog through a comment you left on Death by Great Wall. I read every comment and often sneak over and check out the blog of the person who left the comment. Documenting your journey with Alice is a gift to other parents who are taking on the challenge of adopting an older child. You are doing such a good job parenting her and I hope you keep writing about your journey.

    ReplyDelete