Very excited that 2 weeks ago I talked with a mom of a girl adopted from the same place as our newest daughter-to-be. She has pictures of all the girls living in the foster home at the time of their adoption in 2007 and will be sending me some pictures from a visit they made in 2010. She was also able to give me contact information for a family who adopted a girl closer in age to our daughter and who was also foster sister. This girl has been in America since 2007, but she is excited to hear that her friend is going to be adopted. Her mom told me that they are in contact with yet a third foster sister who was adopted (~2008 or 2009) just before she turned 14. This girl also is blind and has contact with people in China periodically.
We learned that our daughter was well-liked by her foster sisters. We are hoping to get more insights, but it is nice to know that she will be able to talk with friends she hasn't seen in several years once we get her home. That should help her transition leaving behind everything she's known for a new family in a new country.
Update: Since I posted earlier today I now have contact information for the third family and have learned that they are in touch with TMJ, even able to send her care packages. I also learned that TMJ has and possibly still is attending a school for the blind. That will give her a good start on her transition to school here. I was wondering what her school situation was, given that Alice's experience was that the orphanage only sent kids to the local school who could be mainstreamed without any accommodation. Sounds like TMJ has been fortunate to attend a school equipped for her needs. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment