Today started like so many days here in Guangzhou, slow and rainy. Lucy and I took our time this morning at breakfast, but we were still finished and back in the room by 9 AM. We packed a little and killed another 30 minutes or so. We needed to get out of the room for a while so housekeeping could tidy up. With it still drizzling outside we took the shortest route we could to the department store across the street, only to find that it wasn't really open yet. We went back out and decided to walk the 2 blocks down the street back to where we found Lucy's shoes. It looked like a nice store and we didn't really spend any time there last visit. So off we went under the large hotel supplied umbrella.
Honestly, Lucy had zero interest in shopping so after riding all the escalators we found a bench on the 5th floor and just cooled our heels for a little while. Then it was a slow walk back to the room. The weather dried up finally, but it's been cloudy, cool and breezy all day so Lucy just parked herself in front of the TV and I let her watch as much as she wanted. I can't understand any of it, but I'm sure that there were a couple of episodes that she's already watched this week. She didn't seem to mind reruns though.
At 4:30 at went downstairs (with Lucy still firmly planted in front of the TV) to get her passport with new US visa and all of her immigration paperwork. We can now travel to the US and she will be a citizen when we turn it all in to the immigration officer at Dulles.
At 6 PM I was able to get her off the couch and we walked about 2 short blocks to a noodle restaurant. It was okay. She got her noodles and I convinced her to get a cucumber dish for a vegetable tonight. I had 2 cold dishes, very unusual but tasty - one was a firm tofu with cilantro and the other a type of mushroom with vinegar, hot peppers and peanuts. Unlike last night, none of my money came back. I think I forgot to mention that the 50 yen that I tried to use last night was returned because it was a counterfeit bill. Not sure where I got it. Lucy thinks it was from the cab driver when we got back from Shamian Island. She could be right.
No comments:
Post a Comment