Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby Step

Another small step on our long journey was accomplished today. DH, DD#1 and I made the trek to the Baltimore Application Support Center to get our biometrics taken. In English that means we went to get our fingerprints done for immigration approval of our application to adopt a child from a foreign country. We walked in 15 days ahead of our scheduled appointment and I was prepared to explain why. No one asked! It was practically empty and we were in and out in about 15 minutes! It was great. The worst part of the whole experience was we had to pay for a whole hour's worth of parking even though we were leaving in under 30 minutes. Small price to pay. Oh, and I couldn't turn left where I wanted to and ended up on the interstate when I really wanted to go home the back way.

The sad part really is that based on the reports of other families adopting from China, getting fingerprints finished early isn't making the approvals come through any quicker. We can expect to wait until late August or early September to get our approval. Then we have a flurry of activity for a day or two to rush that piece of paper through the authentication process and complete our dossier. I'm really hoping to be able to say our dossier is in China before my mom's birthday on Sept. 10th. If that happens, we stand a good chance of completing the next huge milestone (confirmation that we are adopting Wen) in time for Thanksgiving. Please pray with us that the process continues to go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment