She knows someone is coming to adopt her!
I just received updated information from the institute where Wen lives in response to 18 questions I submitted for the staff and 15 questions for Wen. Altogether I received answers to 7 questions. I was hoping for more, but 7 is better than none. One of the questions was a request for a new picture and we didn't get that. So that is a little disappointing, but we did get a partial answer to "when will she learn that our family is adopting her?" The response we received is "she knows someone is coming to adopt her".
That's exciting for us, but has to be a mixed blessing for her. We know all the steps between now and when the adoption will actually happen. We know approximately how long each step will probably take and I am tracking it closely. She knows none of that. I expect it will be mid-October to late-November before we can actually send her a letter and introduce ourselves. So she waits 4-5 months wondering WHO is coming to adopt her. Then it's another 3 months or so before we travel and she's wondering WHEN we're coming. That's a long time for adults who can see what's going on. It will be an eternity for her. I pray that she is looking forward to having a family and the wait won't be too hard.
Other interesting tidbits we learned: she's been studying English for 3 years, she's about 4½ feet tall, she likes the color pink, and her favorite food is tomatoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment