Monday, July 11, 2011

Mail!

We received our first piece of "adoption" mail from the Department of Homeland Security - US Citizenship and Immigration Services: a very official piece of paper called the I-797C, Notice of Action. It tells us that our application was received on July 1, 2011 and the official date of the notice is July 6, 2011.

It also says we paid and to wait until we receive our biometrics (fingerprint) appointment at some unspecified date before going to our local Application Support Center (ACS) to have our fingerprints taken. (Probably in Baltimore, but we might try the satellite office in Salisbury.)

That's it.

I called the number listed if there were questions or changes because our DD (the one living at home, not the one waiting in China) isn't listed and she was included on the application. The very nice lady said

"Dept. of Treasury issues the receipt notices and they often contain mistakes." IF DD doesn't get a fingerprint appointment I should call.

I asked, "Do I call this number again or the local ACS?"

Nice lady answers, "Call this number and if you can get a phone number of the ACS let us know what it is, because we don't have it."

Hmm. Government efficiency?

I am sooooooo looking forward to this. :)  NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment