Okay. I feel better now. Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions - well, actually it started Thursday afternoon and continued about 24 hours. God bless my courier. She is a wonderfully caring adoptive parent who started her courier service to help other adoptive families through the paper process. She just recently decided though that the business was not good for her family and she is closing shop - after she completes her obligations to a few families - and I am one of them.
Turns out that she has another Maryland family trying to get papers to her this week also. I was the first to discover the problem with MD government closure, but it affected the other family too. The courier and I talked on the phone to come up with the quickest way to complete the process. She offered if we (the other family & I) could get the papers to her home this weekend, she will drive to Annapolis on Tuesday getting the SoS certification when they open and then drive straight to the US Dept. of State in DC. If she can get there in time, she will try for same day service, otherwise it will be next day. Once that's done, she takes the papers to the Chinese Embassy where she'll get rush (same day) service.
The short version of all that is she is going to do her best to complete the process next Tuesday (or Wednesday if Dept. of State can't be completed same day) and we could still be DTC by the end of next week! Praise the Lord and keep praying for smooth sailing!
No comments:
Post a Comment