Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shopping Therapy

I finally broke down and had some shopping therapy last week. Spent the better part of 2 days shopping for Amy. I found some clothes on clearance, although most of it is warm weather stuff and I really need more cold weather things for the trip. Not too much and everything stretchy because we're not real sure of her size. I think she's a 10/12, but she may be tall for a 10 and thin for a 12 - or I could be totally wrong.

I also have been agonizing way too much about her room. We asked (back in June) what her favorite color is and the answer came back - pink. But like everything else, I take it with a grain of salt. Is it really her favorite color? Is it the color someone suggested to her? Is it the answer she thinks she should give? So I'm trying to incorporate pink into the decor, but leaving options for it to become an accent color rather than the primary color.

Here are some items that will go in her room. An antique jenny lind bed frame, a "LOVE" wall hanging for the teen in her, a soft pink bunny for the girl in her (and because she was born in the Chinese year of the rabbit), hot pink polka dot curtains, and a new quilt.


Lighting isn't the best, but here's a better picture of the quilt:

I think there are enough colors there that we can move away from pink if that's what she decides and still keep the quilt. Hopefully she likes flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, I just watched the PBS film and liked it a lot! It is amazing how quickly the little girl became American! Yours will, too! She is beautiful. And so cute!! Love, Gudrun

    ReplyDelete