I've started reading other adoption blogs and see great ideas for things to include in my own blog. One is a map of where we will be going (eventually - still looks like February). For those who are interested here it is:
We will fly into Beijing (northern coast - same latitude as Philadelphia) and stay there the first week. Wen will join us within a day or two and the adoption will be finalized the next day. The rest of the week is spent getting to know each other, getting her Chinese passport and doing some sightseeing.
The end of the week we'll fly to Guangzhou (southern coast, near Hong Kong - about the same latitude as Havana, Cuba!). There Wen will have a medical exam, get immunizations and, after passing medical, get her visa to enter the US. We'll be there about a week total.
The other neat idea I saw was from a blog about the adoption of another girl also named Wen. The mom found a neat way to show the Chinese character for the name Wen and it is the same character our Wen uses. I think it's pretty neat:


No comments:
Post a Comment