Last Friday we received a pack of papers from our adoption agency (WACAP). It included copies of every piece of information, every picture, every drawing we have received about Wen, along with some business agreements. Besides bringing our account payment up to date, it also stated that everything we have received should be thoroughly reviewed, but there are no guarantees that they present a complete picture of this child. It was a reminder that this is a lifelong life-changing decision, not to be entered into lightly.
One paper we signed states that we agree not to print or publish in any public forum the private and confidential information we have received about this child to protect her right to privacy. Considering my hesitation to publish personal information or photos of myself or other family members on the internet, I have no problem understand the intent behind this agreement. I have tried to be informative, without stepping over the line in these posts.
Because I enjoy and learn from reading the blogs of other families traveling similar adoption paths, I want to keep this blog public. In order to do so, I will not be posting photos of Wen - at least until after the adoption is finalized. I can't imagine not posting pictures of our trip (hopefully from China). So if you're disappointed there are no pictures of Wen, that's the reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment