Here are (English translation) excerpts from the letter he wrote to Alice:
Like you, I lived in an orphanage too. I came to America almost 2 years ago. When my mom adopted me I was almost 14 years old. I can understand if you are worried about leaving your family and your friends. Two years ago, I was nervous about leaving Beijing too. ...
To get to America, you will take an airplane. Please don’t be nervous. I tell you the truth, the first time I went on an airplane I was so scared. If you are scared of airplanes, then don’t look out the window and that will make you feel better. Actually, the airplane and flying was pretty fun because you can play video games and watch movies during the flight. When you get to America, I believe your new family will help you adjust to your new life. If you have any problems, please tell your parents. They will help you solve anything and any problems you have. Your parents love to do anything for you. I believe you will like your new family. ...He took the limited information we have about Alice's interests and incorporated that into the letter to make it very personal. He also shared a little information about himself, including and invitation for her to contact him if she has questions.
I highly recommend John Peters and his new business. You can find out more at his new website Jiang's Translation Services. Tell him Alice's mom sent you.
No comments:
Post a Comment