Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Letter to Alice

We wrote a letter to Alice over Christmas telling her a little more about us, that we are coming as soon as we can, and that we hope she received the photo book. We also sent some pictures of Christmas at our house with my brother & his family and my parents. We had a full house for a week. I never heard if the care package I sent by US mail arrived, so this time I decided to use LadybugsNLove in Beijing. Angela translated our letter for us, and put the photos in an album. I also asked her to include a book for Alice and a return envelope (goes to Angela who then translates and emails to us). It doesn't look like much in a picture, but I hope the letter and photos will get to Alice.
Almost forget to mention the Christmas card! I had everyone sign the little Christmas card, intending to send it with our care package. When I changed my mind and used the service, I was able to scan the front and inside of the card and Angela printed it. There it is in the upper left corner. Looks just like the one sitting in front of me right now! Oh the wonders of electronic communication!

Angela said the package should go out tomorrow and arrive at the orphanage the next day. Maybe they have mail delivery on Sundays?!? By Sunday or Monday, Alice could be reading our letter and seeing our faces!

PS - Included in the pictures of our family Christmas are pictures of DH and me in front of the Christmas tree holding the drawings Alice did a year ago December. You can see them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment