Friday, January 20, 2012

I've got nothing

to report. Bummer. It's Friday before the Chinese New Year week long shut down and we did not get our travel approval (TA) this week. The China adoption forums were extremely quiet this week - very, very few people got good news from China. Rumor is that the paperwork is on it's way. Great. But the next and final step before we can make our travel arrangements is to schedule our consulate appointment at the US consulate in China AND since they're in China, they will be closed most or all of next week. That means no appointment scheduling until they open after the holiday; no travel arrangements can be made, no flights booked. I keep checking our flight options using frequent flyer miles we've collected since summer. My first choice departure date no longer has the nonstop flight available using FF miles. Either we pay or postpone the trip a week. If we can't schedule our flights for another week, I'm afraid that I may have to push the trip off even further. Not a terribly happy camper this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, Karin is here... remember her, she was our neighbor in Kiedrich, the Mom of Christian, Stefan and Caroline. She said hi! She also wishes you the best for your adoption.

    ReplyDelete