Really?!?!? Now?!?!
Last Friday I was driving a friend on an errand. It was raining like crazy that day. Anyway as we were heading back after the appointment the van starts acting funny. Then as I'm heading home it starts acting funny again AND this light comes on in the dash display. I wasn't sure what it was, so I'm driving along (carefully) and trying to look it up in the owner's manual - found it - "check engine"
All I want to do is get home, so I nurse it along trying not to do anything to make it worse. By the time DH finally hears my phone message (crazy day at work), the mechanic is closed until Monday.
I called this morning and explain - check engine light came on, van's acting funny…
and she says, "was check engine light steady or blinking?"
umm, well, both? steady, then blinking, then steady ...
she says, "you know of course, it says in your owner's manual to pull over immediately when it blinks or you could destroy your engine."
umm, no, I didn't read that part.
So, hopefully, we can get the van to the shop tonight or tomorrow so they can work on it as soon as they can fit it into their already overbooked schedule for this week…
and hopefully I didn't make it worse driving it all the way home.
Perfect timing, don't you think?
I only have to book a 2 week international trip sometime this week. No problem.
Check Engine
Really?!?!? Now?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment