Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Care Package

Hopefully we are only a week or two away from getting that all important letter from China. Then we can have direct contact with Wen, sending her letters and a care package. I've been picking up things and have accumulated quite a pile. This is what I have so far.


It doesn't quite fit in the box I would like to use, so either I will eliminate some things (probably the candy since I know that dental care is a real issue for some of these kids) or use the larger box. Much will depend on shipping costs too. I'm not going into debt to send stuff.

Most of the items are for sharing - lots of stickers, 2 mini Disney puzzles, stretchy shaped bracelets and glow stick bracelets. There are also some mini ABC rubber stamps and stamp pad (with washable! ink). For Wen we are sending the photo book introducing us and the extended family to her, plus the bright pink draw string bag (underneath the book) for her to store the book and other personal items she will keep when we go to get her. There are also 2 single use cameras for her (and the care givers) to use for photos of her friends, etc. and the upcoming holidays (Christmas and Chinese New Year). Other families have had some success in sending cameras and then getting them back full of pictures when they pick up their child.

No comments:

Post a Comment