While shopping for items we will need for the trip and clothes for Wen, I've also been looking for activity ideas. We will have quiet time in the hotel, plus LONG plane rides and everyone will need some distractions. Yes, we'll have electronic gadgets, but batteries run out, and I'm also looking for things we can do together. I've collected some games that are travel size, but I've also been on the look out for crafts.
I am not a crafty person by nature so this has been challenging. Also, trying to think of things appropriate for a 12 year old girl, who won't be able to understand English instructions, and could possibly have some fine motor skill limitations. Oh, and don't forget anything I take has to pass through the new security restrictions at the airport. Hmmm…
Klutz to the rescue. I bought this book plus another one on making friendship bracelets.
Having done plenty of macrame in the 70's, I'm sure I can show Wen how to make friendship bracelets. Spool knitting on the other hand is new for me. So I decided I better give it a try. Rather than use the supplies with the book, I purchased some extras and made this in under an hour while watching TV:
I think I'll add it to the care package.
No comments:
Post a Comment