To stay "average" we should get our Letter from China this week - EARLY this coming week! I don't care if it's called LSC or LOA, I just pray we get our letter this week. The care package is ready, the photo book is ready, the letter to Alice is ready (many thanks to Lisa, my Chinese tutor, and Skye, her friend and my other Chinese teacher, for all the translation work!!!!) If we don't get our letter this week or next, then the odds of us traveling before March are slim to none. When we started last spring, I had (false) hopes that we would travel before the end of this year. Even when I understood the reality of the timeline, I "knew" we would travel in February and if we were extremely fortunate, maybe even in January before the Chinese New Year! Oh, how I hoped we could complete the adoption before Chinese New Year. Right now it is the Year of the Rabbit. Alice was born 12 years ago in the Year of the Rabbit.
I thought it would be wonderful for her to be adopted in her "lucky" year, but no, it seems that it will be the Year of the Dragon, before we get to China.
I just want to get to China and get our daughter! Praying for our letter to arrive soon.
My dear DH, says, "patience, patience."


No comments:
Post a Comment