Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Reckless Abandon

Another blog I read posted this link to yet another blog. It is powerful and may rattle your conscience. Not for the faint of heart: Reckless Abandon

The first 2 months of this year, I spent time wrestling with God. Adoption was not an easy decision for us. DH was really RH (reluctant husband) for a long time. I tried and tried to honor his wishes and let it go, but I couldn't. Something (or someone) had a hold on my heart that I could not shake. Now we are closing in on the moment when we will sign a letter from China saying yes, without reservation, we want to adopt Wen and make her our daughter. In our hearts she already is our daughter and we are looking forward to the moment when that becomes reality in the eyes of the rest of the world.

God has provided abundant reassurance - more for DH than for me. God knows where it was needed. DH's family has been incredibly supportive of our decision. DH comes home frequently from work telling me about the positive response he gets from his coworkers. Often he describes how he has met yet another person who has adopted from China or knows a close friend who has. DH is amazed that this "crazy thing I wanted to do" isn't really that unusual or uncommon - now that the word is out.

Stepping out in faith can be scary sometimes. Reckless abandon is not our normal way of moving through life. I'm so glad we accepted Christ's invitation to be "reckless" and abandon our "safe" way of walking through life at least for this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment