Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Passing the Time

I thought I was doing well being patient waiting for our letter from China, and I was UNTIL I started seeing people getting their letters who were just a week ahead of us in wait time AND THEN someone a week BEHIND us got theirs! Now the wait is hard!!!!! There are still many families on the adoption forum I frequent who have waited or are waiting now for much longer than we have, but seeing people get that much anticipated letter makes me want ours to come RIGHT NOW!

In the meantime, we have been getting comfortable with Alice as Wen's new name. It is growing on us, more so than any of the others we tried on for size. It helps tremendously knowing that Wen wants to be called Alice (assuming the information we received is accurate). But I still wanted to bestow a name of our choosing on her like we did for our other 3 kids. None of the previous names under consideration worked well with Alice, so I started brainstorming a new list and then posted them on the refrigerator next to her picture. Over time names were eliminated or added, until it came down to one - Renee. Not only do I like the way it sounds with Alice and Wen's Chinese name, but I love the meaning of the name. I've heard the name Renee for years, but never knew it meant "reborn" or "born again". What a wonderful meaning to give to a young lady starting a new life in a new country with a new family AND (I expect) a new faith in Christ at some point. Added to the (English & Chinese) meanings of Alice, Renee makes it feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment