Friday, August 3, 2012

Document Problems

I had hoped our dossier for Lucy would be in China by next Monday. Instead our documents will be picked up from the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC - 

6 days later than I expected!

Why? There is a one page form called a G1 that is submitted with the documents being authenticated. When the courier went to pick up our papers this past Tuesday, the embassy had rejected our G1. Trying to be helpful he completed a new G1 and resubmitted the same day. In the rush to do so, he missed the fact that we wanted (and paid for) expedited  next day service. He submitted them for normal - 5 day - service. So they won't be ready until next Monday! 

Our case manager is confident that the Chinese adoption center will make up the lost time by processing our dossier quickly and sending us an expedited LSC (Letter Seeking Confirmation) - the key document that starts the approval process for adopting this specific child and getting travel approval. Once we have that things SHOULD start moving quickly, but with international adoption quickly can be a relative term. 

WACAP is saying that their goal is to have me in China meeting Lucy no later than December 3rd - one week before her 14th birthday. While I was hoping to be there sooner when we started this process, thanks to US immigration's slow approval of our I-800A and now this delay, I will be happy to get to China anytime before Lucy's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment