The sun came out to end our week in Michigan. The freighters were stacked up because a 1000-footer went aground down river and blocked the shipping channel for a day or so. It's always fun to watch the shipping movements. The old freighters are my favorites.
Of course the younger crowd found the shipping rather dull and turned to Wii for entertainment. ;)
Here is Alice with her youngest cousin (who is actually a few weeks younger than she is!) playing together on the Wii at Grandma's house.
 |
| I do hope when these 2 are holding real steering wheels in the future they will be this focused! |
We made it back home in good time. The weather, traffic and road construction all aligned for a good trip. The usual "the house is worse than when we left because you can't leave 2 dogs home all week with 3 different house sitters and expect anything else" situation set me off just a bit Saturday night. Then Sunday (today) Alice seemed to be "all China" all day and I just am not handling it well. I've had to walk out of the room a fair number of times because I just don't have the patience today to deal with it. This too will pass! Thank the Lord for a husband who has patience and can step in when I am not at my best. Oh, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank goodness school starts in one week!!!
You were in the U.P.!?!?!? Where? We live in the U.P. and if I had known you were in our neck of the woods, I would have made sure we took the time to meet you and your lovely daughter! And I've missed the news about Lucy...congratulations!
ReplyDelete