Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Lens

 I was reading on the adoption forum a discussion about which lens people are recommending to each other considering you "can't take everything" when you travel. Now I have had a Nikon D40 for several years, but really only have used it like a point-and-shoot. It is a nice entry level DSLR and it's past time for me to start learning how to use some of its features. The only lens I've ever used with this camera has been the lens that came with the camera. It is well regarded, but I thought it might be fun to have a second. Based on the discussion in the adoption forum, there was a consensus that a 50mm lens is nice for portraits. We will soon have someone I hope to capture in pictures to share with distant family. 

So that is a long lead up to an announcement that I finally bought a second lens. I purchased a Nikkor 35mm 1:18G. Honestly, I don't know what all that means, but here is a quick sample of what I did with it: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment