Thursday, February 2, 2012

We got pictures!

After this week getting off to such a difficult start, all of a sudden everything is going better than ever. Just received a surprise from our agency - 4 new pictures of Alice! Updated measurements and some additional information are being translated, but our wonderful case manager sent the pictures right away. I'll post my favorite first  -




These are the first new pictures we've had since last July. I think she's changed less between now and July, then between the first pictures we saw of her from December 2010 and the July 2011 pictures. They haven't let her grow her hair any longer than it was in July, but that's fine. She looks healthy and happy. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a picture of her with the photo book we sent. I'm still hoping she received that.

No idea what prompted the orphanage to send the update - maybe they've been contact recently that we are coming soon. There is much about this process and who knows what when that I don't understand.

But right now it doesn't matter - we have new pictures!!!! and we leave 2 weeks from today!!!!

UPDATE: Found out our awesome case manager requested the update in the hopes of getting ONE picture for us. She was extremely surprised and pleased that they sent FOUR photos, plus a very brief update which includes her current measurements and a comment that they received the package we sent! YEA!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys. Thanks for all the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful!!! So happy you got new pics.
    HURRY UP TA!!!!!
    Nancy
    ps---did i ever tell you how much I LOVE the name Alice? LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind about wishing for you TA to come!
    Dain bramage.
    Congrats on your TA!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete