Thank goodness for the TASKS list in my google calendar. I've been adding things I need to get done before we leave as I think of them and checking them off as I get them finished.
A big one that I accomplished today - Alice now has a plane ticket to fly home!!! I've been holding off waiting for a credit of 2400 miles to my frequent flyer account. Finally, today they showed up in my account and I was able to "buy" her one way ticket for less than $40!! using miles. If I had to pay for the ticket it would have cost more than our other daughter's round trip ticket to Beijing, which was $1000 (not enough miles in our account for her ticket). Total airfare cost for the 4 of us came to $1300 and if we could have purchased our tickets a few days earlier it would have save another $150. Considering I had estimated that we might have to spend $1500-1800 per ticket (based on last summer's prices), I am not complaining about our final cost. Not bad considering I just jumped on the frequent flyer bandwagon last summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment