Monday, February 6, 2012

Pre-packing prep

I have almost everything we need for the trip. One more shopping trip should wrap things up. I'm missing some OTC medicine for just in case moments, something for motion sickness (many of the kids from the orphanages haven't spent much time in cars and are prone to motion sickness), and socks for Alice. I have clothes for her, but somehow missed the socks!

Packing will start in earnest this weekend. I've already done a test pack of my bag and Alice's bag. Feeling pretty good about fitting everything into the bags we have - one carry on size per person, plus one backpack/personal bag per person.

We have also agreed to take 2 additional suitcases to Beijing filled with supplies for sick infants and young orphans cared for by New Hope Foundation. The current need is to get some special formula to a sick baby. They are shipping 2 suitcases to us which we will take as our checked baggage to Beijing. We'll be met at the Beijing airport by someone from the foundation to take the bags to their final destination. Such an easy way to help. 

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh....socks...how funny! I need to test pack...

    can't wait for you to get there!!-vea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you'll be couriering medical supplies for NHF!! We'll be there on March 2 to meet our daughter at Hope House. Thank you for doing this, and all the best as you prepare for travel.

    Carrie
    (cle on RQ)

    ReplyDelete