Thursday, February 16, 2012

We're Off!

It is 6:30 AM and we are up, showered, packed, coffee has been sipped, breakfasting has started. I'm all caught up on my blog reading, email, check lists (all checked!). Dog watching/house sitting schedule is in place, neighbors have been informed about the revolving door we've installed for everyone taking turns staying here with the dogs. I slept pretty well, DH not so much - he had a low grade headache which is unusual for him, but is feeling good now.

For me the preparation for the trip - packing, getting prepared, dealing with all the little details - has kept me from spending very much time thinking about the actual adoption. It's not that I haven't been thinking about it. How can I not? But, I've allowed the travel stuff to crowd out the space I would use what if-ing all the things that could happen. I want to thank the many, many people who have told us (and those who haven't) that they are praying for us. One special prayer angel sent me a message last night saying she has been praying for "God to go before [us] to make the way safe and all paperwork and process to go smoothly for [us]." She has printed our itinerary and put it with her prayer list so she can pray us through the entire trip. Prayers for Alice are appreciated, but I especially ask for prayers for me (and DH), that I would respond to Alice always mindful of what this experience is like from her perspective - giving her the space, time, understanding, and love (in a way she can accept) to make it through this incredible journey that is just beginning for her.

3 comments:

  1. You are very much in my prayers. Have a safe trip and I can't wait to read/hear all about it.

    Happy flying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW exciting!! We leave in two weeks...will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the Lord bless you all and keep you and my His face shine upon you and give you peace in all you encounter and do!

    ReplyDelete