Saturday, February 18, 2012

Today's the Day!

In about 3 hours we will meet Alice! I feel surprisingly calm at the moment. I slept well except for a brief 30 minute period around 3:30 AM. DH said he was awake for over an hour starting around 1 AM. So, all things considered we are well rested and as ready as we can be for today. Yes, if I let my mind take off, the questions and doubts start - What have I gotten us into? What was I thinking? Is this really happening? What will Alice think of us? How will we communicate? Will she be happy that we have done this to her? And then another voice quiets the doubts and I feel not only can we do this, but that we are doing what we should be doing and everything will work out fine - maybe not easily, not without times of turmoil and doubt and angst - but in the end we will look back at this time and think how could we have ever doubted this is what we needed to do - for us and for her.

Thank you for your continued prayers. They are carrying us through this time.

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and Prayers this morning (evening). I just looked at the clock and it is 8:38pm here, which means you are probably rolling up the orphanage. I pray your first meeting goes beyond your wildest dreams. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everything went very well. I will show her Jack's picture tomorrow and see what she says. Joy forwarded your greetings. She is wonderful! Highly recommend staying here.

      Delete