Sometimes known as "Gotcha Day", today we finally met Amy face to face. It didn't go exactly as planned. Alice and I went to the lobby 10 minutes early just in case Amy arrived early. She was already here! She and one of the orphanage staff were just looking for the bathroom, so I met her before the actual meeting! There was an awkward hello and then we went our separate ways until our guide Elsie came. Amy had 4 staff with her.
There was a brief discussion between Elsie and the staff, most of which I had no clue about, then Elsie suggested we go upstairs to our room.
All 8 of us (4 staff, Amy, Elsie, Alice and I) stood around trying to make conversation. Amy was clinging very tightly to her ayi's arm. Then there were tears.
Elsie suggested we go back to the lobby to take pictures and say good bye. It worked out great as you can see.
After everyone left, we settled into the room and the girls started talking. The rest of the day passed well, with laughs, chatting, trying out braille with slate and stylus. So far so good, but I expect this evening may bring some sadness as it gets quiet.






Congratulations! I am overjoyed for you, Amy, and the rest of your family.
ReplyDeletePraying for you all,
ReplyDeleteErika
Congratulations! What a blessing for you all.
ReplyDeleteYeah, You got your girl! Congrats!!! She's beautiful:)
ReplyDelete