I made it to Zhengzhou! It was a very long day. The flight out of Dulles took off on time ~ almost. As the pilots throttled up the engines for take off apparently they blew a fuse and a caution light came on, so we had to go back to the gate. Fortunately it only cost us about 30 minutes. Not bad really.
I think I boarded at the same gate we used for a last trip to get Alice. I bought water at the same PotBellies across the way. Here are my carry on bags and then my plane in through the windows.
I was fortunate to snag a 3 seat section all to myself for the flight. All 6903 miles of it.
Everything went well in Beijing. It helped a lot to be treading familiar ground. The hardest part was finding where to check in for my domestic flight and then not physically crashing while I waited 5 hours between flights.
The flight from Beijing to Zhengzhou was uneventful, other than it was packed and we were 45 minutes late taking off. Ugh. I think it was just waiting for clearance to leave. We sat on the plane at the gate over 30 minutes. I think I dozed for part of the 1 hour 30 minute flight because it didn't seem too long.
It's Monday morning now and I leave in 40 minutes to meet my guide Emma and then we meet Lucy in just over an hour. It's almost here!
No comments:
Post a Comment