Sunday, November 11, 2012

T minus 13: Is it really that close?

I've started making my lists and checking them twice and realizing that, whoa, I've got a lot to do and not much time!

Let's see,

  • I am leaving in less than 2 weeks for a 13 day trip to meet my new daughter
  • I have to pack for 2 different climates and be able to schlep it all by myself
  • I have to prep my house, husband and daughter who are staying behind (Prepping the husband is the hardest part, trust me!)
  • I have to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for 6 of us, but try to avoid too many leftovers, as I've been told no one wants to eat them more than a few days after I'm gone
  • I need to be prepared to celebrate Lucy's 14th birthday 3 days after we get home
  • and Christmas a mere 2 weeks after that ~ gave up on getting wish lists from certain big kids, I think they're getting coal in their stockings (Shhh, don't tell!!!)
  • I have 5 doctor visits scheduled the first week home (3 for Lucy, 2 for Alice - doubling up to save some travel time) The dentist isn't until the following week, thank goodness!
  • and we will be registering Lucy for school the first week home too (which requires at least 2 more appointments)
Looks like I don't have time for jet lag!!! Or illness!! No time to blink either. ;)

Looking forward to every minute of it too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment