Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Moving Forward - Slowly, Carefully, Thoughtfully

We had our parent-teacher conference with Alice's teaching team last night. She finished her first marking period of 6th grade as an honor roll student. The teachers have nothing but praise for her - her work ethic, her personality, her behavior in class, her interaction with students and they are amazed with her progress. Everything is great - in that part of her life.

Then today - in the car again - she started talking. I'm not going to share the content, but I will say that she is starting to ask questions that show she is processing her situation - a child who knows nothing about her birth parents or how she came to be an orphan. She has many unanswered and probably unanswerable questions, but these conversations show a level of trust that I am thankful for.

2 comments: