Last night Lucy and I took our cameras out to capture some images of the Christmas lights around our hotel. Our hotel, Holiday Inn Express, is collocated with 3 other hotels owned by the same parent company. The 2 upscale hotels, Sofitel and Crowne Plaza, had much better decorations than the Holiday Inn and our Express hotel. It was fun to just play tourist and learn the limits of our cameras. Lucy was frustrated that many of her photos were too dark. She took A LOT of pictures yesterday and I haven't begun to sort through them to find the winners. That may be a job for another day - once we're settled in at home.
So here is a taste of some commercial Chinese Christmas decorations. Enjoy.
For comparison, let's start with the lobby here at the Express.
We can walk through a mezzanine to the Sofitel located behind us. Here is their lobby.
I decided to see what happens when I changed the setting for white balance on my camera from automatic to incandescent lighting. Definitely took away some of the yellow cast.
Now to the front entrance of the Sofitel. Interesting that they include angels in their decorations.
Back through the lobby and out the other side to the Holiday Inn. It sets behind the Crowne Plaza so most of the decorations are on the street side of the CP. See for yourself.
I like the head of Rudolf mounted above the door. This one is at the CP, but we also have one at the Express.
And here we are back full circle, looking from in front of the Crowne Plaza towards "home".
No comments:
Post a Comment