Thanksgiving is a memory. Leftovers are under control. Two of our three big kiddos have returned to their homes - one is spending a second night with us to see me off in the morning.
Bags are packed. (I have to say I'm rather impressed with how well I did keeping it light on the packing!)
Lists have been checked, double checked and triple checked. That includes my packing lists, Steve's calendar of home activities and Alice's schedule.
I'm feeling very comfortable right now, just 17.5 hours from take off time. Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight, but if not I'll have plenty of time to catch 20 winks on the plane. The first leg to Beijing is scheduled to take 14 hours, arriving Sunday afternoon 3:30 PM local time (2:30 AM EST). I have a 5.5 hour layover in Beijing, which allows plenty of time to clear immigration and customs and check in for my local flight. I should be landing in Zhengzhou at 9:40 PM Sunday local time (8:40 AM EST), a mere 24 hours after I walked out my front door.
Possible problem discovered while preparing this post - I couldn't get the post to load with the picture included from my iPad and had to go to the desktop computer to fix it up. I'm hoping that isn't going to be a problem from China as it would spoil my plans big time!
Safe travels, Sandy. We'll see you in Guangzhou at the Garden!
ReplyDeleteGodspeed! Looking forward to following your journey.
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed your sendoff, but please know that you and "our" girl have been in our thoughts often these last few days. Wishing you both happy and safe travels. Skype me if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteI was there four months ago and I used Express VPN and logged on to the Los Angeles site to get through the Great Firewall.
ReplyDeleteall the best to you Sandy! And greetings from Kiedrich!
ReplyDeleteSandi,
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see Lucy coming home to your/her forever family!
Prayers for you,and Lucy as you travel to China, and your family until you return home!
Blessings,
Larry